Application for the 2021 NITP Professional Examination is now out. This year, applications will be via the NITP official website which is a bit different from previous years, as such, Kindly read the detailed information below to understand how to apply.
Important Details for Applicants
Registration period: Monday, 3rd May - Friday, 10th July 2021. No late submission of application shall be entertained.
Examination timetable: it shall be released 3 weeks before the Examination.
Mode of registration: Candidates are to pay and register online via the NITP official website: www.nitpng.org/nitp-exam-registration/
For contact and Inquiry call: 08166242666
NITP Examination for 2021 will be conducted at THREE (3) Centres nationwide, between Monday 30th August to Saturday 4th
September, 2021. The Centres are;
1. IBADAN: The Polytechnic, Ibadan
2. KADUNA: Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
3. OWERRI: Imo State University, Owerri
Examination Time: MORNING: 9:00am - 12:00noon, AFTERNOON: 2.30pm - 5.30pm
All fees MUST be paid online with an active ATM card via the link indicated above. On successful completion of payment, the registration form will automatically open for you to fill in and upload all credentials and submit. All applications must be submitted not later than 5:00pm Friday 2nd July, 2021.
On successful payment and registration, an email will be sent to you indicating your details of registration. You can also log in with the email used for payment to view the details provided. All applications should be accompanied with scanned academic credentials such as O/Level, ND/HND, BSc, MSc, PhD and other relevant certificates (including Technologist Certificates obtained from TOPREC for HND Graduates). Evidence of payment will be needed at the Examination Venue.
Important Notes to all Applicants
1. Candidates are enjoined to make full payment before the closing date as the Board will not entertain part-payment.
2. Registration and examination fee once paid is non-refundable
3. Candidates are warned in their own interest not to bring mobile phone or such other devices into the examination Hall as anyone caught violating this instruction will be stopped from continuing with the examination and the paper will be CANCELLED.
4. Candidates must use their examination numbers during their examination. CANDIDATES WITH WRONG OR NO EXAMINATION NUMBERS ON THEIR SCRIPTS WILL HAVE NO RESULTS.
5. No change of examination centre shall be entertained from candidates after submission of application form.
6. All Final stage candidates must complete and pass all courses including Dissertation in that stage within 5 years, failure to do so will result in the TERMINATION of the candidacy and starting the stage afresh.
7. Candidates are to adhere to all conditions governing conduct of examination.
8. Candidates are enjoined to study using the new syllabus (Copies are available at the NITP National Secretariat).
Entry Points/Qualification for the Examination
1. HND (URP) Graduates from NBTE and TOPREC accredited schools should start from 800 Level, but must register with TOPREC as technologist.
2. HND/Bsc./ Msc URP Graduates from non NBTE/NUC & TOPREC accredited Schools are to start from 700 Level.
3. Graduates (Bsc) of all other disciplines in the Built Environment (including Geography; Geography and Regional Planning) shall be allowed to start the Examination from Final part (500 Level) and must possess the relevant O’ Level Certificate.
4. All fresh candidates for final stage must possess 5 credit passes in WASSCE/NECO/GCE O level in English language, Mathematics, Geography and/pr Economics and any one science and one Social
Additional information about qualification has been documented in the NITP Exam Information handbook
Exam Board Secretary