The 22nd Edition of the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP) is themed "Mastering Physical Planning Services for Effective Performance"
The town planners registration council of Nigeria (TOPREC) and the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP) cordially invite you to the 2020 Edition of the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP), which will be held at three centers (Lafia, Umuahia and Lagos) in the months of April, May and July 2020 respectively. The programme is one of the capacity building initiatives of the regulatory body of Town Planners, TOPREC and its professional arm, NITP as stipulated in our laws and constitution.
The general aim of the programme is to generate, disseminate and impart knowledge on relevant contemporary issues with a view to enriching the information base and improving the professional competence of Town Planners and related professionals in the built environment. The theme for the 2020 Edition of the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme is "MASTERING PHYSICAL PLANNING SERVICE FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE"
1. Concepts, issues and challenges in effective service delivery: An overview.
2. Understanding urban and regional planning service delivery.
3. Techniques for effective performance in urban and regional planning service delirables in consultancy service.
The objectives of this programme are to:
1. Improve participants understanding of the concept and issues in physical planning services for effective performance.
2. To expose participants to likely challenges related to physical planning services in both public and private sectors.
3. Identify techniques or options available for effective performance in urban and regional planning service deliverables..
Lafia, Nasarawa State
April 1st - 2nd, 2020
- Venue: School of Environmental Studies Hall, Nasarawa State Polythechnic
Umuahia, Abia State
May 27th - 28th, 2020
- Venue: Dangreat Hotel, Umuahia
July 1st - 2nd, 2020
- Venue: Combo Hall, Lagos Television Agdingbi, Ikeja
Participation is open to:
1. Town planners in the public service, private service, non-governemental organisation, academic and research institutions etc.
2. Technical and professional staff in public and private sectors of the economy who are in related professional disciplines.
3. Service providers in health, sanitation, beautification pollution control and environmental management, transportation, aviation industry, meterologiy, agriculture, space centre, petroleum industry, minerals resource agencies etc.
4. Allied professional such as architects, surveyors, engineers, builders, quantity surveyors, estate surveyors, environmental health officers, security agencies.
5. Consultants and contractors.
6. Officers of ministry lands, housing and urban development, environmental, health, water resources, rural development, works and transport, national planning, minerals resources, steel development, agriculture, commerce and industry, housing corporation, federal capital territory.